I have nil information about christmas.
Other than the act of giving and knowing its christ-related,I have no idea.
So being curios that i am, i decided to do abit of research on my own.
I'll just give you fast facts.
HANUKKAH IS NOT THE JEWISH VERSION OF CHRISTMAS. ALTHOUGH IT IS CELEBRATED ABOUT THE SAME TIME. IT IS AN EIGHT DAY EVENT STARTING FROM THE 25TH OF THE MONTH OF KISLEV.
CHRISTMAS IS CELEBRATED TO MARK AND HONOUR THE BIRTH OF JESUS. BUT IT IS NOT THE ACTUAL DATE OF BIRTH. IT IS ALSO DEBATED THAT THE DATE WAS CHOSEN TO CORRESPOND WITH THE ROMAN FESTIVAL OR THE WINTER SOLSTICE.
CHRISTMAS IS ALSO KNOWN AS CHRISTMASTIDE.
FOR YOU LOSERS WHO LIKE SHORT FORMS (ME.. HEHE) XMAS ORIGINATED WAY BACK. X (CHI) IS THE FIRST LETTER OF THE WORK CHRIST IN GREEK OR ROMAN LITERAL.
Yeah i think that is enough information for us all.
Anyhoo went out in a small group of four just now with rab, izzat and farlina. It was nice. Very simple and short meet up. I gotta do a better job of reuniting everyone.
Merry Christmas everyone!
(it is celebrated by non-christians too apparently)
HAve a good holiday.
will be back :)
love,
Sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment